Shakespeare are fully committed to comply with their legal duties as defined under the Health & Safety At Work Act (1974) and all appropriate statutory instruments, specifically to provide a safe working environment and absence of risk to the health and safety of all our employees and persons who may be affected by our undertakings.
The Health & Safety of our stakeholders is our top business priority and it is an fixed agenda topic on every management and board meeting. In addition to our on-site PPE safety standards, we have COSHH data sheets for all hazardous substances, liquids and solids processed in our facilities and conduct Risk Assessments on core activities.
We are targeting the implementation of OHSAS 18001 in 2017 across our main manufacturing site(s).
Our Health & Safety Aims;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, and to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
For further information, please see our Health & Safety policy - Click here